Thursday, October 20, 2016

The missing bowls

Another northern story! So this one isn’t as exciting as the last one cause it doesn’t involve fear or death threats or anything. But there is mystery (ooohh).
So up north after we feed the dogs we collect all their bowls and wash them as stack them up to dry. So there are 30 regular bowls that go on the counter and a couple puppy bowls that go under in a little cubby. We had six puppies but the puppy bowls are all a little weirdly shaped and honestly some were better than others. So one day we go to feed and I can’t find one of the “good” puppy bowls, so I just use one of the other ones. Everything is normal and we count all the bowls and there’s thirty and we move on and go about our day.  The next day someone else lays out the bowls and I just help feed and wash. Everything is normal again, but I’m sure you can feel the undertones of “everything is not normal” at this point.  So maybe another day or two passes without incident. All of sudden we’re down to five puppy bowls total. This is a problem, we have to go to the back and find another sort of dish to feed the dogs. We decide to have a staff meeting. Maybe less of a meeting and more of a “Where the hell are the bowls?” followed by everyone claiming to "not know". In all honesty I can’t remember who was around at this point but I think it was during the summer.  We decide that maybe our boss was taking them for whatever reason, she sometimes did weird stuff like that. Or that maybe someone with a boarding dog had left with them.
Cut to the next day, I’m washing dishes after feeding and someone, lets’ pretend its' Nic cause I already talked about Nic and I honestly don’t remember. So Nic is walking down the aisle with some bowls and all of a sudden he drops them all and there’s a huge crash as he shouts “Whattttt”.
And we’re like “What the hell Nic?”
And he says “Its Koko, I saw her!”
I say “Saw her what?”
Nic says “She’s stealing bowls!”
So we all go over to Koko and Ushuaia’s cage and Koko comes out of her box when we open the door. We go to the back to look in her box and she has four bowls in there. Four, Koko was the bowl thief. Mystery solved. There were a couple of times after that you’d see Koko pick up a bowl and you’d just have to tell her “No Koko, you can’t keep the bowls you hoarder.”

Koko was honestly one of my favourite dogs, and definitely my favourite puppy I think. We had a lot of crazy moments, and she even sent me to the hospital once (I had to get a tetanus shot, calm down). I was initially reminded of this story because when we were cleaning out boxes Jackson had a bowl in his box. I guess some huskies are just bowl thieves.


Here's a picture of Koko licking my face shortly she jumping into our canoe from the other canoe.
This is just a video of what feeding was like up North.

No comments:

Post a Comment