So recently stuff here hasn’t been very exciting. We took the dogs around a new field so now they’re doing longer runs. I don’t remember exactly how long cause it’s in miles and I’m not sure if I have the number right. The other day we did a little more grinding, liver this time. Instead of the three day ordeal chicken grinding was, this was pretty simple. It was more like day one, set the liver out in the sun to thaw. Day two, check to see how much the liver has thawed. Day three, grind liver for an hour. So I got to scoop the liver up into ice cream containers for storage. We also went to pick up more liver from a Hutterite colony. Also a rather uneventful day.
Three days ago we drove to Peace River to watch Don’s grandson’s hockey game. I think he’s like twelve. Their team isn’t very good and they go beat 7-1. But you know, I’ve been there so no judgment. When we were kids playing soccer we’d get ice cream if we won, but I was on a team that was so bad one year that my dad took pity on me and bought me ice cream if my team scored a goal.

I digress, yesterday I went into Grande Prairie with Faye to run errands. It's fairly nice but you can tell its newly developed. Like of course it's been there for a while but apparently the population has grown a lot more recently (like everywhere), and there's a bunch of new box stores and stuff like that. I'm not even sure what branch of science I'm trying to describe so I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about but you know what I mean. We also went to one of the most stereotypical western stores you can find though. It was called Keddie's I think, and there were just cowboy boots, jeans, cowboy hats, and horse stuff everywhere. The even had a life sized plastic horse that you could try out the horse stuff on. I got more work gloves cause my hands are already getting cold in the ones that Don lent me. I'm wondering how long I'll have to live out west though before I finally succumb and buy a cowboy (cowgirl?) hat. Probably a while unless someone back home gets wise and I get one for Christmas... (I'm just kidding, I don't want that.)
Dog of the day is Eli. Eli is a rather pretty dog, he
actually looks like a husky which is a bit of an oddity at this kennel. I like
Eli because he’s starting to understand that if he goes on his house then I’ll
pet him. This sounds basic but most of the dogs jump all over you when you’re
walking around the yard so I try to encourage them to go on their boxes and Eli
is starting to get it. So good on you Eli, keep up the good work
.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment