Monday, October 17, 2016

Thanksgiving

October 9, 2016
It’s thanksgiving. So far we’ve gone to the neighbours down the road for turkey and theres' another one scheduled for tonight. Don’s brother Chuck is staying with us as well, and his daughter and her son are visiting for the night. It’s a bit odd to be a part of a family’s thanksgiving celebration when you’ve know them for a week. Everyone has been very nice of course but in my socially inept brain I’m freaking out over my behaviour and manners around everyone. Just an example but this is a scenario that happens frequently:
Co-worker/acquaintance/generally polite human being – “Good morning Claire, how are you today?”
Me – “Good.”
Two seconds later after they’ve already moved on:
Me – DAMN IT I forgot to ask how they were, and now they probably hate me or think I’m rude, or that I hate them or…
And… continue in downwards spiral for a bit and promise myself to try again next time.
So that’s what’s going on in my head during a routine,standard greeting. Now I’m sure you can imagine what its’ like being around five to six almost strangers during a holiday. Here’s a hint, I tend to be very quiet.

Dog of the day today would be Jethro, even though he’s technically the dog of yesterday. Jethro is a bit special one, because he has blue eyes, and two because I have an actual reason for liking him. Jethro was a dream to harness yesterday. They do things a little differently here than at my last kennel and they harness the dogs at the gang line instead of at their kennels. Personally I think this is a bit more difficult but since the dogs here are chained instead of in pens then I guess it’s a reasonable way of doing things. But anyways Jethro is as calm as a butterfly and lifted his front paw sup so politely he could be invited to tea with the queen. Also he’s Ajax’s neighbour so I’ll stand between the two and pet them both after runs. 






No comments:

Post a Comment