So I thought I’d try and type out a story from up north to
see how good it turns out. So here’s one a few people know but not many people are aware that its’ not entirely true. I don’t frequently embellish stories because
I’m honest as the day is long, but this one sounds better this way. And its’
about 90% true, so come at me.
So this one time during the summer we were hanging out one
Friday night or whatever and Nic, one of the German kids was like
“Hey Claire, you should come hiking with me to the dump, I
found this cool spot.”
And I was like, “Ugh, Nic, do we have to go?”
And Nic said yes, or something. Its’ been a while. Anyways
so we go to hike to the dump cause Nick also wanted to see the bears that are
usually there. Going to see the bears was a fairly common occurrence that
summer because there’s not a ton to do, and bears are cool. However we usually
took the ATVs or the car. So we walk across the golf course adjacent to the
dump, and Nic points to this steep hill that leads up to the quarry behind the
dump, and he’s like
“We’re going up that trail.”
And I was just kinda like “Ok…”
And we start walking up and its hella steep, and I’m like
“Nick, this is probably like a bear path or something, like
bears probably walk here.”
And he’s like “Nah… its fine…”
And I’m like “Nic, there are literally bear tracks right
here, I just stepped on one.”
And he’s like “Where?”
And I just go “See those five holes in the ground, those are
claws.” (Picture me mimicking claw scraping)
And he goes “I’m sure
its fine.”
Until I point out a full bear print in the mud, and he
finally admits it. So I look around and pick up a screwdriver that’s just lying
around. And Nic laughs at me and goes
“Are you gonna fight off a bear with that?”
And I said “No, I’m gonna stab you in the leg and run like
hell.”
Nick did not die that night, but we did see some very large
bears and I’m still convinced he was trying to get us killed because he was
quite serious about walking by them.

No comments:
Post a Comment