Sunday, October 16, 2016

I'm a little bored.

October 6, 2016
So apparently I’m starting a blog. I guess people think my life is interesting enough? And my dad wants me to try and make money through the internet, so let’s see if I can become famous. Long term goal I think is to have my own show on OLN. I’d probably have to actually move into the woods to make that happen. The premise of the show could be me, living with a pack of wolves and trying to turn them into the next champion sled dog team. Call it, “Mushing at the Moon”, I think that would fly.
Anyways… so far I’m just living with a retired couple and helping them with their sled dog team. I’ll make it to the woods eventually but right now it’s pretty chill. Because they’re retired everything here is at a slower pace then I’m used to. Lots of breaks, long time spent on meals, no one making snide comments about how slow I’m working… It’s pretty nice, but kind of like a culture shock I guess? Not culture but it doesn’t feel as much like a job, and more like an experience. Which I guess is ok for the nineteen year old international kids who come over for a Canadian “experience”. However considering I’ve already done all this and more I’m a little bored so far. 
We actually did do some real work yesterday though. We went out on the trail and Don cut down trees with a chainsaw and then chain sawed them into pieces. Then I went along behind him and threw the pieces into the woods. This was good for two reasons. One being that it was actually some real work, and lord knows I’m already getting soft here. Two is that it was great for my anger issues. Not that I’ve actually been very angry recently but throwing pieces of wood at other pieces of wood feels pretty good regardless.
So I guess I should start talking about the dogs. So far they’re not as cute as the tour dogs up north but they seem ok. Considering I didn’t like small dogs when I started working at the research kennel I’m sure I’ll warm up to them.

Dog of the day would be Ajax. He’s an early favourite for the arbitrary reason of: he doesn’t jump on me. He’s also got a pretty recognizable face, narrower than a lot of them, all black, and he’s the father of the most recent puppies: Idgie, Smartie, and Yumyum. Ajax runs in wheel so far, strong boy. That’s all for now.
 

1 comment: